September 21, 2011
St. Anthony Hospital In Gig Harbor Hosts Safety Fair Oct. 6
Since opening in March 2009, more than 30,000 individual visits have been made to the St. Anthony Hospital Emergency Department in Gig Harbor by patients needing care for a wide range of illnesses and injuries.
As part of its mission to create healthier communities, the Franciscan Health System hospital is hosting its first Safety Fair on Oct. 6 from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Larson Family Conference Center. The hospital address is 11567 Canterwood Blvd.
The St. Anthony Hospital Safety Fair is a community event, open to everyone free of charge. Agencies and groups presenting information at this event will include:
- Key Peninsula Fire Dept. – General preparedness and personal safety
- Gig Harbor Fire & Medic One – Child car seat safety , bicycle helmets, and home fire prevention and response planning
- Pierce County Dept. of Emergency Management – Disaster planning
- Gig Harbor Police Dept. – Boating safety
- South Kitsap Fire Dept. – Candle safety and the benefits of uninterrupted driving
- City of Gig Harbor - Emergency preparedness at home and work
News Media Contact:
P: (253) 382-3858