Accreditations, Awards, Accolades
Our commitment to excellence every day, every time, is evident in the status and recognition that CHI Franciscan Health and its individual hospitals and programs earn:
- CHI Franciscan Health’s family birth centers have been recognized as Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction® Centers for maternity care. As a Blue Distinction Center, our family birth centers are recognized for their expertise in delivering patient care both safely and effectively.
- The Family Birth Center at St. Joseph Medical Center
- The Family Birth Center at St. Elizabeth Hospital
- The Family Birth Center at St. Francis Hospital
- The Family Birth Center at Harrison Medical Center
- The Family Birth Center at Highline Medical Center
- CHI Franciscan Health has earned the distinction of being the first Accredited Heart Failure System in the Northwest by The Battelle Healthcare Colloquium
- St. Joseph Medical Center bears recognition as an Accredited Heart Failure Institute
- St. Anthony Hospital, St. Clare Hospital, St. Elizabeth Hospital, St. Francis Hospital, Harrison Medical Center and Highline Medical Center are Accredited Heart Failure Centers.
Learn more about heart failure care.
- St. Joseph Medical Center:
- St. Anthony Hospital received the 2010 and 2011 Excellence through Insight Award for patient satisfaction from HealthStream Research
- St. Clare Hospital received the 2007 Excellence through Insight Award for outpatient satisfaction from HealthStream Research
- St. Joseph Medical Center, St. Francis Hospital and St. Clare Hospital are multi-year recipients of the Practice Greenhealth Partners for Change Award for innovative programs that protect the environment
- St. Elizabeth Hospital and Northwest Emergency Physicians of TeamHealth received the Washington State Medical Association’s 2010 William O. Robertson Patient Safety Award for Achievement
- Received a Stage 6 award from HIMSS Analytics for minimizing errors and prioritizing IT implementations
- Received a Stage 7 award from HIMSS Analytics for a paperless environment
- CHI Franciscan Health received the 2010 Achievement Citation from the Catholic Health Association for excellence in hospice care and palliative medicine.
- CHI Franciscan Health received the 2007 Washington State Quality Award for performance excellence.
- CHI Franciscan Health received the 2012 Distinction Award from the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals for physician videos
- Harrison Medical Center:
- Earns the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get with the Guidelines® Stroke Bronze Quality Achievement Award
- Earns the Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement designation by Regence BlueShield in Washington, recognizing outstanding surgical outcomes for patients
- Is awarded Business of the Year for 2011 by the North Mason Chamber of Commerce
- Highline Medical Center:
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission
- Has earned the 2013 “Washington State Hospital Association Safe Care in Action” award through participation in the Partnership for Patients national initiative
- Washington State Hospital Association Achieving Best Care Award
- Was awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award by The American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC)
- Silver Plus Achievement Award for Stroke Care from the American Heart and Stroke Associations
- Received a five-star rating for joint replacement surgery and excellence in orthopedics from HealthGrades, the nation's leading independent healthcare ratings organization
- CHI Franciscan Health has been ranked among the Top 100 Integrated Health Networks in the nation since 2004 by IMS Health
- St. Joseph Heart & Vascular Center is designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care by Premera Blue Cross and Regence Blue Shield
- St. Elizabeth Hospital:
- Is the first new hospital in Washington state to be LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified by the U.S. Green Building Council
- Is ranked among the 25 "Most Wired" small and rural hospitals in the nation by Hospitals and Health Networks magazine for informational technology that supports quality patient care and operational efficiencies
- Has attained Meaningful Use Stage 2, part of the national initiative for healthcare organizations to adopt and integrate electronic health records
- Harrison HealthPartners Cardiothoracic Surgery is ranked the best in Washington State by Consumer Reports