We use our sense of hearing all the time—for work, family and friends. It is one of the important ways we connect to those around us.
Diminished hearing can be frustrating, embarrassing and even isolating. It causes social stress and tension, not only for you, but also for your friends and loved ones. If you have hearing loss, a hearing aid can provide relief and improve your quality of life.
What is audiology?
An audiologist is health professional who is specially trained to diagnose, treat and monitor hearing and balance problems.
The audiologists at Franciscan Ear, Nose & Throat Associates treat both adults and children, providing the personalized hearing care you need. We evaluate your condition, find the device that will offer you the best results and continue to monitor with you during follow-up visits. Our audiologists often work in concert with our otolaryngology specialists or other specialists to meet your complex needs.
Our team provides care that is:
- Personalized: There is no one-size-fits-all solution for hearing loss. We work tirelessly to find the best possible solution to address your hearing loss.
- Advanced: We strive to provide excellent patient care and use the latest in advanced digital hearing aid technology.
- Thorough: Our audiology team will conduct a thorough evaluation in order to diagnose your specific hearing condition. An accurate diagnosis is crucial to effective treatment.
Audiology services we provide
Services we provide include:
- Diagnostic evaluations: We perform comprehensive evaluations for hearing loss, balance disorders, tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and auditory nerve function.
- Hearing aid evaluation: This is a more focused evaluation to determine the best type and model of hearing aid or other hearing device for you.
- Hearing aid dispensing: We want you to feel comfortable and confident with your new hearing aids. We provide hearing aid support, including fittings, adjustments and follow-up care.
Audiology clinic locations
Franciscan Ear, Nose & Throat Associates - Tacoma
1708 S. Yakima Ave., Suite 112, Tacoma
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Franciscan Ear, Nose & Throat Associates - Gig Harbor
4700 Pt. Fosdick Drive N.W., Suite 111, Gig Harbor