High-quality prenatal care is important for your baby’s best possible start. At CHI Franciscan Health, our prenatal physicians, nurses and staff provide comprehensive care to guide you through your pregnancy journey.
Your expert partner for quality prenatal care
At locations throughout the Puget Sound, our prenatal professionals work together to care for you and your baby. Your prenatal and childbirth team may include:
- Certified nurse-midwives
- Experienced labor and delivery nurses
- Neonatologists: Pediatrician specialists who care for ill, fragile or premature newborns
- Perinatologists: Obstetrician specialists who manage care for women at risk of complications. Find out more about our high-risk pregnancy care.
Learn more about our family birth centers and sign up for a tour.
Prenatal genetic counseling
You can learn about your baby’s health before birth through prenatal counseling. Our genetic counselors can discuss:
- Genetic conditions
- Possible risks of pregnancy
- Possible congenital health problems in the fetus that may be influenced by the parents’ age and health
To help make any prenatal diagnosis of the fetus, testing involves:
- Testing the amniotic fluid or membranes
To learn more, talk to your OB or midwife at your next prenatal appointment.
Childbirth education classes and prenatal group program
Our childbirth and parenting classes help you and your family prepare for your new baby. Find out more about our family education classes, and register online.
Our CenteringPregnancy® prenatal groups, led by our certified nurse-midwives or obstetricians, provide prenatal care and an opportunity to connect with other expectant moms.
Community support services, including WIC (Women, Infants and Children Program), provide preventive health care, nutrition education and other support and services for underserved and uninsured women and children.
Choose a provider for pregnancy care and childbirth
Get started on your maternity journey at CHI Franciscan: find a provider who’s right for you.