Good nutrition goes a long way toward keeping babies healthy
For most of us, it takes some support and education to make sure our pregnancy is healthy and our children are well nourished.
Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a free-food and preventive health program for pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants and children. Franciscan WIC is here to help you give your children a healthy start.
Among the benefits to women and children participating in WIC:
- $40-50 worth of nutritious food each month, including milk, eggs, cheese, cereals, juice, peanut butter and infant formula
- Breastfeeding information and support
- Community resources and referrals
- Nutrition and health education
- Growth monitoring and measurements
How To get started
If you are pregnant or have a child under the age of five you may be eligible, as income guidelines are very generous and include working families on a tight budget, unemployed families and families on public assistance or medical coupons.
For information about this program, call the location nearest you:
11216 Bridgeport Way
Lakewood, WA 98499
Parkland121 South 132nd Street
Parkland, WA 98444