CenteringPregnancy®: A Group Prenatal Program
**Sessions are offered at the following Franciscan Women’s Health Associates clinics.
- *NEW* Federal Way
- *NEW* at St. Clare
- Pearl Place
- At St. Joseph
For more information or to sign up for a class at St. Clare, St. Joseph or Pearl Place, call: 253-274-7501; Federal Way: 253-835-8800.
See what patients are saying.
Sometimes sharing your pregnancy with other women who know exactly what you’re going through is the best way to learn and feel confident about this wonderful journey. CenteringPregnancy® is a group-visit prenatal care program that offers the three major components of prenatal care: health checks, education and support. If you’re a working mom, on your second pregnancy or just interested in collaborating with other women with similar due dates, CenteringPregnancy® is for you! All appointments are scheduled up-front and are generally held in the evening or on weekends, so you know what to expect.
How it works
- Eight to 12 pregnant women with similar gestational ages meet together to participate in a facilitated discussion starting at approximately 12 - 16 weeks
- A CHI Franciscan Health nurse-midwife facilitates the sessions, other clinicians and educators provide additional content about resources that are beneficial during and after pregnancy
- The participants’ spouses or partners are invited to attend
- Each pregnancy group meets for a total of 10 sessions throughout pregnancy and in the weeks after delivery
- The sessions are typically covered by private insurance and Medicaid, so there is no out-of pocket cost to participants
- The CenteringPregnancy® group visits take the place of regular one-on-one visits
Why should I consider CenteringPregnancy®?
- The program has proven to decrease pre-term delivery and post-partum depression rates
- Patients using this program are more engaged, better informed, and ask their providers more in-depth questions about their pregnancy
- You benefit from the support of your group members
What patients are saying about CenteringPregnancy®:
- I've never felt so comfortable in a medical setting.
- Centering® is a great way to get all your questions answered, even the ones you didn't think of!
- I recommend Centering® to everyone I know because it is so educational.
- Centering® offers a great bonding experience; with other pregnant moms, your nurse and your provider.