Bariatric Surgery Options
We offer all the major surgeries for weight loss, using minimally invasive, robotic-assisted procedures. That means smaller incisions, less pain and fewer complications - not to mention a quicker recovery time.
Expert surgeons for successful bariatric surgery
Our experienced bariatric surgeons perform more robotic-assisted gastric bypass surgeries than any other hospital in the country. Since 2000, we’ve helped thousands of people with their weight loss goals. We consistently achieve excellent patient outcomes and one of the highest bariatric surgery success rates in Washington state.
Types of bariatric surgery we offer
We use the most advanced minimally invasive techniques for weight loss surgery. Our bariatric surgery procedures include:
- Gastric bypass: The most common procedure, in which a smaller stomach pouch is created to reduce calorie absorption. Most people return to work in two to four weeks.
- Sleeve gastrectomy: This procedure involves removing part of the stomach to reduce the amount of food a person can eat. Most people return to work in two to three weeks.
- Duodenal switch: This option for severely obese patients includes removing a large percentage of the stomach. The procedure both limits food intake and reduces calorie absorption. Most people return to work in three to four weeks.
- Adjustable gastric banding (LAP-BAND®): The most reversible option, this procedure creates a smaller stomach pouch to limit food intake.
- Revision surgery: A surgical consultation regarding possible weight loss surgery for patients who have already undergone a form of bariatric surgery.
Minimally invasive techniques for bariatric surgery
Our robotic-assisted procedures offer significant benefits over traditional, open surgery, including:
- Less pain and discomfort after surgery
- Less need for narcotic pain medications, reducing the related side effects
- Shorter hospital stay and recovery time
- Fewer scars
- Fewer complications
Robotic Surgical System
The Franciscan Center for Weight Management offers robotic-assisted bariatric surgical procedures. The robotic system provides surgeons with a greater range of motion than the human wrist, allowing more accurate precision, a shorter hospital stay and better results. Watch our short video to hear our bariatric surgeon, Troy Houseworth, MD describe how it works.
Attend a free seminar on weight loss
Find out how our experienced specialists can help you lose weight for better health. Sign up to attend a free seminar to learn more about your minimally invasive options and get answers to your questions.