Common Conditions Treated
Common indications for Gamma Knife
- Metastatic tumors within the head originating from a primary site elsewhere in the body
- Malignant or benign tumors originating within the brain or its coverings, including gliomas, meningiomas, pituitary and pineal tumors, acoustic neuromas, and others
- Arterial Venous Malformations (AVMs) and other vascular disorders of the brain
- Trigeminal neuralgia (if conservative therapy fails)
- Movement disorders, such as some cases of essential tremor in patients who are not candidates for deep brain stimulation
Learn more about Gamma Knife procedures and what to expect.