In the event of a mental health emergency, call 9-1-1 or visit any hospital emergency department.
When life’s challenges become overwhelming, you don’t have to go through them alone. CHI Franciscan Health’s mental health professionals are here to help you deal with stress, addiction, emotions and other issues with compassionate care.
Experienced mental health team
We’re focused on healing the whole person—body, mind and spirit. That means we value your emotional and mental health just as much as your physical health.
Our skilled professional team has specialized training to care for people with all types mental health and addiction issues. We bring together experts from several disciplines, including:
- Psychiatrists and psychologists
- Psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners
- Registered nurses
- Addiction medicine specialists
- Licensed clinical mental health counselors (CMHCs) and social workers (LCSWs)
- Occupational and recreational therapists
Mental health conditions we treat
We care for people with many short-term and chronic mental health conditions, including:
- Bipolar disorder
- Psychosis resulting from various causes
Inpatient mental health locations
St. Joseph Medical Center serves the Tacoma area with comfortable, voluntary inpatient mental health care. Our inpatient unit features:
- Large, private patient rooms for a calm, relaxed atmosphere
- Inviting, home-like areas for group activity and dining
- Resource room for patients and their families
- Restorative views of Mt. Rainier, the Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound
Located on the Kitsap Peninsula, the Adult Inpatient Unit at Kitsap Mental Health Services provides 15 residential treatment beds for adults detained involuntarily for psychiatric evaluation and treatment. The KMHS Youth Inpatient Unit is a 10-bed residential treatment facility for youth 8-17.
Reach out to us
If you or a loved one is experiencing a mental or emotional issue that interferes with daily functioning, help is available. Talk with your doctor or find a psychologist or psychiatrist online. To learn more about our inpatient care, call:
- Tacoma area: 253-426-6691
- Bremerton area: 360-479-3033
- Port Angeles area: 360-457-0431