Mental Health Services
CHI Franciscan Health offers inpatient and outpatient services for a full spectrum of short-term or chronic and recurring mental health conditions. Completed in May 2012, St. Joseph Medical Center serves our community with a newly-refurbished, comfortable voluntary inpatient mental health unit. Our unit offers 23 private inpatient beds and inpatient stays average 4.5 days. Franciscan’s mental health professionals offer compassionate care from a multidisciplinary team, which includes a psychiatrist, nurses, counselors, chaplains, occupational and recreational therapists, and psychiatric social workers.
Talk to your physician if you think you or a loved one might need assistance from Franciscan's mental health caregivers.
Our beautiful new inpatient unit features:
- large private patient rooms
- inviting, home-like group activity and dining areas
- improved spaces for private and group sessions
- sweeping view of the region including Mt. Rainier, the Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound
- larger space configurations promote a calmer, quieter, more relaxed atmosphere
- resource room for patients and families
Patients with a variety of conditions who need inpatient assistance choose St. Joseph Medical Center for a variety of needs including:
- bipolar disorder
- psychosis due to a variety of causes
To learn more about the Mental Health Inpatient Unit at St. Joseph, call 253-426-6691. The Pierce County Mental Health Crisis number (24 hours, seven days a week) is 1-800-576-7764. In the event of a mental health emergency, you can call 9-1-1 or visit any hospital emergency department.