Hospital Medicine Team
We want to do all we can to help make your time in the hospital more comfortable and less stressful for you and your family. Your hospital medicine team of physicians and advanced practice clinicians is specially trained to care for hospitalized patients. We manage your care around the clock during your hospital stay.
Our team is skilled at explaining procedures, answering questions and reducing anxiety for patients and their loved ones. We care for you as we would our own family.
We provide excellent, personalized care
We emphasize compassionate, high-quality care. This includes:
Collaborating with other specialists, consultants and caregivers:
- Calling on other consultants and ordering tests needed to diagnose and treat your condition
- Consulting with the care team to plan your care
- Monitoring to assure your care is safe, effective and efficient
Communicating with you and your family:
- Listening to you to learn how you are doing and what is important to you
- Explaining your condition and care in a way you can understand and answering your questions
Coordinating your safe discharge and transfer:
- Contacting your primary doctor, surgeon or other specialist for information important to your care
- Ordering your medications to take home with you
- Providing you with your discharge and home care instructions
- Planning for your transfer out of the hospital and for appropriate follow-up care including any resources or services that will help you have a smooth recovery
Download our brochure about hospital medicine and your care.
Learn about the hospital medicine program at Highline Medical Center.