Along with the joy many survivors feel is also the uncertainty of what to do next and how to return to a “normal” life. This is where survivorship planning can help. Franciscan Cancer Center, serving the Puget Sound region of Washington, is here to guide you.
Survivorship services and programs are intended to:
- offer information and recommendations to address these challenges
- give inspiration and encouragement
- provide tools for coping with and facing a new “normal”
Physical concerns may include:
- How do I cope with side effects or limitations?
- Do I need physical therapy to improve my mobility or quality of life?
- What kind of medical care do I need now and what will I need in the future?
- What lifestyle choices can I make that will help me to live a long and healthy life?
Mental concerns may include:
- I don’t think as clearly as I once did – is there something I can do about that?
- How can I reduce my stress?
Spiritual concerns may include:
- What meaning or purpose does my life have now? How did cancer change this?
- How does cancer change the way I live my life and my goals for the future?
Learn more about cancer survivorship from the American Cancer Society.