New! Follow FHS Disaster Preparedness on Twitter at http://twitter.com/fhsdisaster for the latest severe weather updates and preparedness information for Franciscan employees.
Storm Safety: Tips & Information
Severe storms can result in power failure, road closure and damage to buildings and property. Preparation is your best protection to ensure the safety of you and your loved ones. Here are some tips and information to help.
Storm Safety Tips:
- In your department, check to ensure that your flashlights and alternative light sources are available and in working order.
- Use a non-electric alarm clock
- Plan for a difficult commute
- Check on road closures prior to leaving your home
Please refer to the resources below for the latest severe weather information and safety recommendations:
- Help the Power is Out, a guide prepared by the Red Cross on handling perishable food during and following power outages.
- Carbon Monoxide: an important notice on its hazards and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.