How to Apply
PGY-1 Residency application procedure
St. Joseph Medical Center will be using the ASHP PhORCAS system to accept applications for the 2015-2016 residency program. You are required to complete the PhORCAS standardized application and provide our program supplemental materials:
- Complete set of pharmacy school transcripts
- completed hospital application for employment and hand-written supplemental application
- three (3) standardized professional reference forms and stadardized questions
- a) two references should be from practicing clinical pharmacists with whom the applicant has had patient care experience
- b) the remaining one reference can be from a faculty member in the applicant's professional degree program, from work experience, or another health professional who can evaluate the candidate's clinical experience
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of Intent
Emailed or mailed:
In addition, three (3) formal letters of professional reference emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to St. Joseph Medical Center, 1717 S. J. St., MS 01-79, Tacoma, WA 98405. The letters of reference can be from the same references that completed the PhORCAS standardization professional reference forms and standardized questions.
If you are interested in applying, please access the PhORCAS application portal, create an account and register with the ASHP Resident Matching Program. To request an application for the matching program, write to: Resident Matching Program, American Society of Hospital Pharmacists, 7272 Wisconsin Ave., Washington, D.C. 20814 or go online to natmatch.com/ashprmp.
Admission to the Hospital Pharmacy Residency program requires a degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy. In order to be considered for an interview, all materials must be received in PhORCAS by our deadline of January 9, 2015. On-site interviews will be held by invitation in February.
To inquire, please call 253-426-6240 or e-mail email@example.com.
You may contact one of our current residents for more information at the following e-mail addresses: