How to Apply
Licensed pharmacists or pharmacy students anticipating graduation from an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited school of pharmacy may apply to the PGY1 residency program. Applicants must be eligible for licensure in the state of Washington.
Potential candidates must register in the ASHP Resident Matching Program utilizing PhORCAS to be considered for a residency position. To apply for the 2016-2017 residency year, access the PhORCAS application portal, create an account and register with the ASHP Resident Matching Program.
To select St. Joseph Medical Center, Tacoma, Washington use NMS Match Code 168413.
St. Joseph Medical Center deadline: All materials must be received in PhORCAS by our deadline of January 8, 2016. On-site interviews will be held by invitation in February.
To select Highline Medical Center, Burien, Washington use NMS match code 161013.
Highline Medical Center deadline: All materials must be received in PhORCAS by our deadline of January 1, 2016. On-site interviews will be held by invitation in February.
For consideration for either the St. Joseph Medical Center or the Highline Medical Center program, you are required to complete the PhORCAS standardized application and provide our programs’ supplemental materials:
- Complete set of pharmacy school transcripts
- Completed hand-written supplemental questions: CHI Franciscan Pharmacy Residencies - Supplemental Questions
- Three (3) standardized professional reference forms and standardized questions
- Two references should be from practicing clinical pharmacists with whom the applicant has had patient care experience
- The remaining reference can be from a faculty member in the applicant’s professional degree program, from work experience, or another health professional who can evaluate the candidate’s clinical experience
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of intent
For questions about CHI Franciscan Health pharmacy residency programs, contact:
St. Joseph Medical Center: Residency Coordinator Diane Fuson, email@example.com
Highline Medical Center: Residency Coordinator Audrey Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org