Best Place to Heal (Quality)
Through this strategy, we strive for the highest levels of patient satisfaction and clinical outcomes.
- Franciscan joins the BOOST program, a national initiative to improve the care of elderly patients during their transition from hospital care to home-based care
- St. Anthony Hospital is designated as an emergency treatment center for STEMI (ST segment elevation myocardial infarction), the most severe type of heart attack, by the Washington State Department of Health
- Franciscan advances toward system-wide implementation an electronic health record with the Epic platform for clinical information technology.
- Franciscan provides in-home hospice services for 2,770 terminally ill individuals. Additionally, 555 patients are admitted to Franciscan Hospice House for end-of-life care
- A total of 5,181 babies are born at St. Joseph Medical Center, St. Francis Hospital and St. Elizabeth Hospital
- Franciscan orthopedic surgeons perform 2,041 joint-replacement procedures
- Surgeons perform 436 open-heart procedures at the St. Joseph Heart and Vascular Center
- St. Joseph Medical Center receives the Gold Award for stroke care from the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association
- Gov. Chris Gregoire declares May 19, 2012 as CHI Franciscan Health Freedom from Tobacco Day in Washington to commemorate the 20th anniversary Franciscan’s smoking-cessation support group
- Franciscan Medical Group begins offering telemedicine service to patients of our primary-care physicians. Patients have after-hours access to medical professionals for phone or webcam consultations
- Emergency departments at St. Joseph Medical Center, St. Francis Hospital, St. Clare Hospital, St. Anthony Hospital and St. Elizabeth Hospital record a total of 183,405 patient visits
- Franciscan Medical Group clinics in Pierce, King and Kitsap counties serve 185,663 individual patients
|St. Joseph Medical Center is first in the region to be designated a Primary Stroke Center.