Best Performance (Stewardship)
Through this strategy, we strive for the highest levels of operational and financial performance.
- Franciscan is recognized as one of the best-performing and most efficient health systems in the U.S. for the ninth-consecutive year by IMS Health.
- St. Francis Hospital commemorates its 25th anniversary.
- St. Joseph Medical Center receives the Consumer Choice Award for the 12th year from the National Research Corp.
- St. Elizabeth Hospital becomes the first new hospital in Washington to earn LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification by the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Franciscan accepts a $300,000 grant from its parent organization, Catholic Health Initiatives, to support efforts to reduce youth violence in Federal Way, Gig Harbor and Enumclaw public schools.
- The St. Francis Outpatient Oncology Clinic receives a 2012 HealthCare Champion Award after being nominated for the special award by a patient.
- St. Elizabeth Hospital is recognized as one of the 25 "most wired" rural hospitals in the U.S. by Hospitals & Health Networks magazine for its use of information technology to support patient care and achieve operational efficiencies.
- St. Joseph Medical Center, St. Francis Hospital, St. Clare Hospital and St. Anthony Hospital receive awards from Practice Greenhealth for environmental safety programs.
- The Employees Community Fund of Boeing Puget Sound awards a $30,172 grant to Franciscan Hospice and Palliative Care to support patient care.
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Puget Sound affiliate, awards the Franciscan Foundation a $126,287 grant to support the Franciscan Breast Cancer Navigator Program that benefits medically underserved, minority women.
|Because of the expertise of medical staff members like Thoracic Surgeon Baiya Krishnadasan, MD, Franciscan is renowned for advanced medicine and trusted care.