Best Community Health Resource (Growth)
Through this strategy, we strive to expand access to services for everyone and provide services that meet community needs.
- The Washington State Department of Health approves a Level III neonatal intensive care unit at St. Joseph Medical Center where medically vulnerable newborns can receive specialized care.
- St. Joseph Medical Center expands its dialysis services by opening a 12-chair outpatient unit in East Tacoma.
- Project Access, a collaboration involving Franciscan, the Pierce County Medical Society and other organizations designed to expand access to medical services for the poor and uninsured, serves 363 patients.
- Group Health Cooperative and CHI Franciscan Health renew their patient-care contract and commit to broadening their partnership beyond the acute-care setting by exploring innovative, patient-centered models for care delivery.
- Franciscan provides $24.9 million in charity (free and reduced-cost) care uninsured and underinsured individuals who cannot afford to pay for medical services.
- St. Clare Hospital begins extensive facility upgrades to enhance the hospital’s amenities and healing environment.
- The inpatient mental health programs at St. Francis Hospital and St. Joseph Medical Center are consolidated into a patient-centered 23-bed unit at St. Joseph.
- The St. Joseph Heart Valve Clinic introduces a unique, multidisciplinary approach for treating valvular heart disease.
- Construction begins on the Franciscan Medical Pavilion-Bonney Lake, which will feature an urgent care clinic, primary care medicine, diagnostic imaging, a pharmacy and other services.
- The Franciscan Wound Care Center at St. Joseph adds a third hyperbaric medicine chamber.
- A total of 2,853 individuals attend Franciscan-sponsored educational health talks and seminars about bariatric surgery, cardiovascular care, neurology, orthopedics, sleep, women’s health and other topics.
- More than 500 people complete Franciscan’s free online health-risk assessments (Heart Aware, Sleep Aware and Cancer Aware).
- A total of 111,220 blood pressure tests are provided free of charge at Franciscan-sponsored kiosks at Tacoma Mall, South Hill Mall (Puyallup) and the Federal Way Commons.
- Nearly 800 individuals receive flu vaccinations at 20 church-based clinics sponsored by Franciscan.
- St. Anthony Hospital opens a retail pharmacy to serve patients and the broader community.
- Highline Medical Center in Burien and Franciscan agree to explore a possible strategic affiliation.
|Franciscan Medical Pavilion-Bonney Lake will open in 2013.