Strategy Pillar: Best Community Health Resource (Growth)
- St. Elizabeth Hospital opens in Enumclaw, replacing the community's 62-year-old facility. St. Elizabeth features state-of-the-art medical and information technologies, and a healing environment second to none.
- Franciscan's five hospitals receive 567,587 patient visits for outpatient surgeries and other outpatient services, an increase of 13,315 over the previous year.
- Franciscan Medical Group clinics and providers in Pierce, King and Kitsap counties serve 180,279 individual patients, an increase of 17,315 over the previous year. Clinic visits totaled 883,343, an increase of 276,983 over the previous year.
- Cardiovascular Consultants and Cardiac Health Specialists, two leading practices in the South Puget Sound, join Franciscan and make it the largest provider of cardiology services in the region.
- Franciscan Hospice House admits 644 patients for end-of-life care, while our hospice caregivers also serve 2,735 patients in home-based settings such as private residencies and nursing facilities.
- Franciscan Medical Group recruits 64 physicians and other providers to improve community access to care and ensure that individuals receive excellent care close to their homes.
- University of Washington-Tacoma selects Franciscan Medical Group to run the Student Health Services program at the downtown campus.
- Franciscan announces a $62 million expansion of the St. Joseph Medical Center campus that will include a medical building for "destination care" centers of family medicine, women's services, orthopedics and neurosciences.
- Franciscan announces plans to build a medical office building in Bonney Lake that will include an urgent care clinic, family medicine, and other services.
| || |
|Franciscan hospitals feature the newest medical and imaging technologies. |