Mission, Vision and Values
At CHI Franciscan Health, our skilled physicians and their teams offer expert care with a compassionate touch for people throughout the Puget Sound area.
A mission to heal, a promise to care
Statement of common purpose
Our physicians and team members create healthier communities through healing the whole person—in mind, body and spirit.
The mission of Catholic Health Initiatives is to nurture the healing ministry of the Church, supported by education and research. Fidelity to the Gospel urges us to emphasize human dignity and social justice as we foster health and well-being.
We will be the premier health system in the Pacific Northwest.
- Reverence: Profound respect and awe for all creation, the foundation that shapes spirituality, our relationships with others and our journey to God
- Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, fidelity, trust and truthfulness in all we do
- Compassion: Solidarity with one another and the capacity to enter into another’s joy and sorrow
- Excellence: Achieving preeminent performance, becoming the benchmark and putting forth our personal and professional best
Strategic Priorities 2016-2018
- Setting the standard for the Pacific Northwest for clinical care and patient outcomes.
- Demonstrating our commitment to excellence through the patient experience.
- Implementing our Puget Sound partnership strategy to include establishing a major tertiary-quaternary center.
- Becoming a best place to work and practice in the region.
- Establishing clinical institutes in Cardiovascular, Oncology, Orthopedics, Neurosciences and Women’s and Children’s.
- Implementing a regional ambulatory care network to improve access for patients.
- Demonstrating clinical, financial, cultural and brand integration across CHI Pacific Northwest Division.
- Expanding the expression of our ministry in our Oregon market-based organizations (MBO) through creative partnership that ensure market value.
- Growing our clinically integrated regional physician and provider network though innovative partnerships with independent physician and provider groups, and employed physician and provider strategies.
- Enhancing results in managing the health of populations to improve the health of defined populations.
- Pursuing philanthropic support and federal funding for our mission services and growth strategies.
- Exceeding financial stewardship targets in order to fund the provision of our mission.
Find a doctor
With locations throughout the Puget Sound, CHI Franciscan is ready to help when you need care the most. Find a doctor near you in one of our hospitals or clinics.