Student and Faculty Online Orientation Steps
Please read the entire STEPS page. At bottom of page is link to advance to Table of Contents. At bottom of Table of Contents page is a link to advance to the Orientation packet mentioned below.
Read the Orientation packet, answer the post orientation questions and check the answer sheet as a self-study. Do not send the orientation packet, the post orientation questions or answer sheet to Student Placement.
Print and sign Student and Faculty Orientation Acknowledgement.
Print and sign Student and Faculty Confidentiality Agreement.
Print, sign and complete the Clinical Placement Northwest Collaborative Student and Faculty Clinical Passport Requirements (CPNWP). All boxes must include a response. Send completed orientation acknowledgement, confidentiality agreement and CPNWP to your school representative for them to verify and sign off on content of CPNWP.
- Immunization specifics: CHI Franciscan Health requires a 2 Step TST for each student. The first skin test must be read 48 to 72 hours after administration. If the first TST is negative you must obtain a 2nd TST within 1-3 weeks, then annually after that. If your annual TST lapses, you must complete the 2-step process again.
Franciscan Health System does not accept QuantiFERON (QFT).
- Franciscan required education specifics:
1. Emergency Response Procedures training or module
2. Confidentiality Privacy and Information training or module
3. Standard Precautions training or module
4. Infectious Medical Waste training or module
5. Bloodbourne Pathogens Work Practices training or module
Modules are available at: cpnorthwest.org
Student login: student
- Background Check (including Disclosure Statement)
1. National Criminal Background Check including Excluded Provider Search on OIG and GSA upon admission.
2. Washington State Patrol Check WATCH report upon admission/readmission and reentry/hire to nursing program to include all counties of residence, all Washington State counties per RCW 43.43.830 through RCW 43.43.842 annually thereafter.
School representative to send complete, verified and signed Student and Faculty Orientation Acknowledgement, Student and Faculty Confidentiality Agreement and CPNWP via scan and email to: Student Placement Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 253-573-7280. See Step 7 for additional paperwork requirements - St. Elizabeth Hospital only.
School representative, when submitting for more than one student; please do not send each student’s paperwork as a separate scan. Send completed paperwork as a combined group.
Step 6 - Nursing Students and Nursing Instructors only
Read Badges and Temporary Parking Permits. Follow directions for the facility you are assigned to or teaching in.
St. Elizabeth Hospital, Enumclaw students and faculty only: print, sign and send to your school representative the INWHS computer access and INWHS Resource Management Security Agreement.
>> Next page
<< Back to Welcome and Facility Maps